Former Spanish international player Jaunfran has been reportedly appointed as the new club scout of Aston Villa. Juanfran, who is now 42 years old retired from professional football in the year 2016 after spending 6 years of life playing incessantly for La Liga an outfit of Levine, but more than other clubs, he is most remembered for his exceptional spell at the Celta Vigo. Juanfran was a very good player and gave some thrilling performances for his team while playing at Celta Vigo.
When he was playing in Vigo, he got the maiden call-up to the national squad of Spain for the Japan and South Korea World Cup which was to be held in 2002. While interacting with Marca, the sports newspaper of Spain, Juanfran said that he grabbed the opportunity immediately, without giving a second thought after he was contacted by one of his acquaintance who is at present the sporting director of Villa and his name is Jesus Garcia Pitarch and told the newspaper that it was an honor and privilege for him to work and play at such legendary club.
The Frenchman turned down AVFC to come back to his last club – but things are not working out exactly. It has been almost a month since Thierry Henry was the overwhelming favorite of the bookmakers to become the successor of Steve Bruce at Aston Villa. The Frenchman was as short as 1/8 with a lot of outlets after Villa showed out Henry, looking at the coaching staff with the Belgian national team.
The former Arsenal striker held positive talks with Claret and Blue Board, many of whom thought it was all that Henry took his toes. In the end, Henry rejected the opportunity to become the new boss of Ville and decided to cut his lead away from the United Kingdom – unlike his fellow Premier League legends Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard who were with him in his last club Monaco. Of course, Villa turned to Dean Smith, and the former Brentford boss has experienced mixed fortunes in his first four matches. Again, there has been no “mixed” about the start of Henry.
Jack Grealish has signed a new contract with Aston Villa that will see him stays with the club for five years until 2023. This will be a bad news for Tottenham Hotspurs that were pursuing the player during the last transfer window and was looking to sign the player on a cheaper deal.
Aston Villa said that they are delighted that they have secured the player on a long-term deal and that they are looking forward to developing Jack Grealish in one of the top English players. Aston Villa CEO said that Grealish has been with them since he was eight years old and that it was natural that they wanted to keep the player for as long as they can.
This summer, the Aston Villa has been associated with a move for Sean Clare. The 21-year-old midfielder has spent season’s first half on loan at League One Gillingham, but he was recalled by Owls boss Jos Luhukay in January. The Midfielder made plays his first match for Wednesday at rivals Sheffield United in their goalless draw and then he went on to open the scoring opposite Villa, when the blues and claret ultimately succeed 4-2 in February at Hillsborough back
The manager of the team Luhukay handed him his breakthrough into the very first team, but Clare turned down the new contract offer. Now, according to the reports, he is set to sign for Swansea City who has piped Leeds United and Villa to his signature. According to information, Clare met with the manager of Swansea Graham Potter last week and had talked with him and is now he is all set to sign a contract with the club.
Aston Villa is reportedly making transfer moves already in order to take advantage of exciting talents available. The club has been linked with Liverpool winger Harry Wilson. The youngster played the second half of the recently concluded season at Hull City, impressing that Villa want to lure him from their Championship rivals.
Wilson played 14 times, scoring seven times. Huddersfield Town, and Leeds are also believed to be interested in the player. Hull City want him to remain for next term but they are also aware of the competition in place due to his performances, like the ten goal thriller against Bristol City.
Everton manager Ronald Koeman says he still needs an extra hand in his squad’s attack as The Toffees prepare for a season many believe the coach has to prove he was worthy of the job in the first place.
After being in charge of first, Ajax then later Southampton, Everton’s decision to appoint the Dutch man rests firmly in the fact that although the fortunes of finishing at a higher position of the EPL log haven’t shined much since they turned their backs on David Moyes’ conservative style of football, after the Scot turned his on his way to Old Trafford, maintaining a progressive cum entertaining brand of play remains a priority.
Since losing an energetic RomeluLukaku to Manchester United and having home boy Wayne Rooney move the other way, The Toffees still remain shy of a durable top striker.
Even if big Wayne took the step to join them and help out as much as he can, the laws of nature clearly holds that his reduced pace makes it hard for Everton to throw all poaching duties on his shoulders. For all we know Rooney is at the stage where MLS football suits his physique and fitness the most. (more…)